About the Program
Georgetown’s PhD in Nursing Program is a premier doctoral program designed for individuals who want to be leaders for change by seeking to advance the discipline and those they serve in academic, community health, health care, policy, global, and research settings.
- Draws upon the interdisciplinary and intellectual richness of the campus community
- Develops leaders for change in nursing
- Focus in ethics and health equity
- Intellectual vibrancy with renowned faculty across multiple disciplines
- Globally known, values-based academic community
- Intellectual vibrancy across complimentary academic disciplines such as ethics, law, philosophy, medicine, and policy.
Fall 2023 Entry Application Cycle
Application Opens: 07/2022
Priority Application Submission Deadline: 12/01/2022
Final Application Submission Deadline: 01/15/2023
Applications for the PhD in Nursing Program are handled by Georgetown’s Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. Applications for Fall 2023 entry are currently being accepted.
Please direct questions about the PhD in Nursing program and admissions process to PhDinNursing@georgetown.edu
Nursing PhD students work with faculty who have expertise in multidimensional and complementary areas, including health disparities and equity, ethics, mental health, women’s health, cardiovascular science and physiology.